CTC Series Signal Converters allow you to use an existing standard 5 A secondary or low-voltage 333mV current transformer over a conductor to produce an industry standard 4–20 mA two-wire, loop-powered signal. The signal is proportional to the current in the primary circuit. The CTC series snaps onto a standard DIN rail. The output is connected to the load and a 24 VDC source and the current transformer is connected.
Signal Converter Applications
- Adding Current Monitoring for Systems Upgrades
- Measure entire plant current consumption or individual machine usage
- Detect Problems Before Failures Occur
- Detect bearing failures on drive motors, open discharge lines on pumps.
- Tool Monitoring and Jam Protection
- Measure drive motor HP to determine tool travel orcontact with work.
- Monitor motor current use to provide an indication ofmotor jams.
- Use existing current transformers to monitor the current,and transmit 4–20 mA industry standard output.
Uses a standard 5A output current transformer or a 333mV low voltage CT.
- Produces a 4-20 mA signal proportional to the AC current through the CT based on CT ratio
- Two wires in, two wires out: couldn’t be easier
Fast & Easy Installation
- DIN rail mounting and 24 VDC loop-powered supply allows for quick and easy two-wire installation
No Calibration Required
- The primary current transformer ratio provides the scaling required without any other installer intervention