The DT Series of Temperature Compensated DC Current Transducers is ideal for energy management system inputs where the controller is designed to accept 333 mV signals, commonly found in power monitoring applications. Other output options available are a 0–5 VDC signal used in building energy management systems or a 0–10 VDC signal seen more often in industrial controllers. Additionally, this series features a patent-pending method that improves the sensor accuracy as the ambient temperature changes. The sensor output is automatically adjusted as the temperature increases or decreases, eliminating one of the biggest issues with Hall effect based products.
DC Current Transducer Applications
- Photovoltaic Panel Output Measurement
- The sensor output rises and falls as the panel produces more or less power.
- DC Motors
- Detects jams and overloads.
- Provides early notification of impending bearing failure.
- Electrical Heaters
- Detects open or shorted elements quickly.