|Attribute name||Attribute value|
|Input Rating (A)||800|
|Opening (greatest dim.)||1.25 in (32 mm)|
Magnelab’s SCT-1250-000 Split Core current sensor transforms an AC input current up to 800 Amps with a ratio-based output (7500:1).
- The SCT-1250 is a Split Core CT with a 1.25″ opening
- It has no hinges to break, making it durable
- Its unique opening mechanism has a self-locking mechanism and allows for easy installation around conductors
- This makes retrofitting existing installations simple
- Frequent Applications
- Data logging
- Power monitoring
- Energy management
- Cost allocation
- Why the SCT-1250 split core CT?
- The SCT-1250, like other split core CTs, is used to determine the current (measured in Amps) passing through a conductor (wire, bus bar, etc)
- This is needed, along with the voltage, to determine the amount of power being used (measured in kW)
- As with most of Magnelab’s standard accuracy CTs, the SCT-1250 is 1% accurate when operating from 10% to 130% of the rated input current
- For example, given a 120A circuit breaker, the SCT-1250-100 would work well, because it will maintain its accuracy up to 130A (130% of the rated input)
- The SCT-1250 has 7500 turns
- If you purchase the unburdened option, you will see 13.33 mA on the secondary for every 100A on the primary.